Chelsea Design Harbour, Victoria and Albert, Tate Britain,Tate Modern, Design Shops



After a 'bzzz'y week in London I think I could really have done with this coffee to keep me going.

Anyway so I thought it would be nice to share a glimpse of all of the fantastic research I got from my visit. I found the V&A was particularly useful for my new topic which has an ethereal floral concept, particularly the Rococo rooms and the beautiful Greek statues. 
(own photo)

(own photo)

(own photo)

This was a ornamental display in the V&A and although was not part of any exhibitions of bodies of art, I found it futuristic but still very natural in it's appearance and reminded me of films in an idealistic utopia 'garden  of Eden ' rebirth.  

 (own photo)
 (own photo)
I found these book pages very interesting with the layering and texture, they reminded me of tree bark and i thought that it would be interesting to try to recreate for my finals.
 (own photo)
All  from V&A.



(own photo)

(Own photo)

(Own photo)

I took these in one of the design shops as they were very fitting with my theme of ethereal and were delicate but also transfixing.

Chelsea Design Harbour
 (own photo)
(own photo)
                                                                   (own photo)
These are just a few pickings of my photos from the Design harbour, I have grouped them together because of their natural colours. The Pussywillow sample on the mute earthy green colour has a beautiful sheen fabric and they are a raised stitch making them more interesting. I also really like the bark fabric as this was made with a devore velvet like fabric and the dark green areas were almost where they had burned away the velvety material and added depth and texture.

Comments

Popular Posts