Getting excited about Printing



So Printing starts on Monday and I've been researching print designers and methods. Here are two videos I found that were quite interesting.





I can't quite remember how I came to find out about Marthe Armitage but I absolutely adore her work, she uses  large block printing and hand prints everything.



Bamboo

Chestnut

Italian Garden 

Solomon Seal
What I love the most about her designs is that they are timeless but you can still see influences from when see started in the 1960s and from different cultures she shows in her work. She is very versatile in her style as she makes even the simplest of work look as exquisite and outstanding like her busier more detailed prints.
The devotion and time she puts into each role of paper just makes it all the more special and unique.  





I've added this video of Japanese woodblock printing because the precision and beautiful prints are just fantastic and it just gave me an insight into whole other world.

Comments

Popular Posts