Joyce Tenneson


Bloom Magazine Bloomsbury Issue 12

http://photographic.com/portrait-tips/0403career/

Whilst flicking through a Bloom magazine, I'd stumbled across a featured photographer Joyce Tenneson  and fell in love with this series of photographs. The way she has captured the flowers in three stages depicts beauty as it ages. The sepia tone contrasting against the blunt black backdrop emphasises the poignancy of the story the images are telling. At first I thought that the roses were actually scrunched brown paper used as an imitation of the flowers and even now I can still why I did.

After looking for more information about her work I found out that the reason she did 'the cycle of beauty' with the flowers was because she had done a similar thing previously with 'women in the third phase of their life'.










Comments

Popular Posts