First Ever Fayre



Darlington LIONS Christmas Craft Fayre 2013


Just had my first ever stall at a fayre, it went really nicely actually but it was a shame I wasn't able to set up as I was working and missed an hour or so. A year ago my Grandad mentioned that the Lions Club held a Christmas fayre every year, so this year my mother and I decided we'd give it a go even though never of us had prior experience of selling our own fruits of our labour, we figured the best way to learn the ropes is to throw yourself in at the deep end. The Blackwell Grange Hotel was the most spectacular venue and although it cost £2 entry fee for public, the proceeds as well as the money for each table will go to the Lions club who spread it across various charities. Whilst on the topic of the grand venue I feel as though I should mention the wallpaper with silhouettes of magnificent chandeliers and candlesticks, it creates theme of illumination and decadence.

Blackwell Grange Hotel Wallpaper

 Our Stall,
 we did have some things for a few friends 
and ended up having some cards and crochet blankets on the stair railing next to us
because we didn't have enough space.


Unfortunately this photo didn't turn out very well as it was just on a phone but here is me manning the stall.

Handmade Cards- me
Knitted decorations and crochet blankets and crowns- Elizabeth Crooks
Fabric bags - Sheila Wood
Jewellery and Phone socks with Natural wool - my mum's friend Louise


 

Comments

Popular Posts