Gouache and watercolour




Beginning to do floral studies this week in the studio and after a week of drawing shells and a dead mackerel, one doesn't require much imagination to know how refreshing this change is and not just because my bay no longer smells of decaying sea creatures.







 Anyway with it being October I thought that some beautiful burnt oranges and cardamon yellows with contrasting purple flowers were quite apt with Halloween just around the corner and they have definitely brightened up my day with the vibrant luxurious bordering on royal hues. 



I'm quite happy with this so far because it has my first ever experimentation of gouache paint on and it seems rather effective mixed in with the watercolour. I also remembered about an American artist I had  enjoyed researching in secondary school called Janet Fish because of her use of colour and set up, I'm particularly fond of this  painting by her because the intense colour and beautiful composition, it also related quite well to the flowers I had selected at the florists 



                                 http://www.artistsandart.org/2010/06/still-life-painting-by-janet-fish.html


Comments

Popular Posts