GiFT

Everyone loves receiving gifts but a present can be made just that little bit more special by being beautifully wrapped. I received these lovely wrapped gifts this weekend from my family as it was my birthday recently. The lovely pompom flowers and little knitted bag were made by my mum whose always got a knitting or crochet product on the go. I love how they used tissue paper to wrap them and reused the elephant tissue paper from Paperchase I had purchased a couple of months back now.


Occasions you buy gifts for are special so its only fitting that you buy special cards and wrapping to show how much the gift receiver means to you. (Okay so maybe not in all cases because I'm quite happy my cats don't wrap up dead mice for me when I go home at the weekend because at least then you have warning of where not to stand in the garden.)
Paperchase is a well known gift and stationery shop in which you have to sift through to find real treasures. Most of the Paperchase gift wrap and cards embody an almost juvenile style with simplified animals in one block colours and though this is visually pleasing it simply is not sophisticated enough for a 'grown up' present.
I particularly like this print called secret garden because it doesn't fall into this category it still keeps the  block colours but they are muted and I love the linear black drawing on top which creates an elegant and enchantingly dark style.





This festive paper also by Paperchase, is quirky yet contemporary with the different patterned individual reindeer silhouettes. It would definitely make great paper under the tree because of its unique style and would probably make it easier to distinguish who the present was from if young children were ripping it apart before reading the label as they often do.

The silhouettes in different patterns also reminded me of some cards I had made over the past year with cats. I've been making my own cards to send since I was very little and have just started to make them to sell to friends, family and at fayres  in the last year after making loads of Christmas cards for my mum to send.
Here are two of my favourite silhouette ones that I thought of when seeing the reindeer paper.








/
Paper Haveli is a gift based designer that sells exquisite wrapping paper and gift bags with exotic luxurious prints similar to persian rugs, old wall paintings and an indian summer with the beautiful sunset colours. 




Comments

Popular Posts